Tuesday 25 January 2011

iGoogling

Ahh.

Much more satisfying.

True, there is an annoying 'Theme' option, which eats time as you wonder whether the mint-green foliage or the slightly overblown mountainscape will be more compelling as you stare out into the office of a Monday morning, but actually I can see the use of this.

Perhaps a way to keep up with the news that works?  And if I can get the calendar to sync properly, that could become an 'at a glance' reminder, really visual.

Of course, there are loads of things to get rid of (I went a bit happy with the delete key over most items - the games, the advert-ed gadgets and so on) but for once you can really pare it down to the essentials.

And it could be irritating to load the whole thing up when really all you want to do is a quick Google search.

But it is a fragment of time that could prove to be useful, especially as I don't always manage to keep in touch with the rest of the world around me.

1 comment: